Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Junior Safety Coordinator Heavy Civil Construction Heavy Civils Construction West Division.
This position will provide Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) support to various field projects. The Junior Safety Coordinator will be expected to spend approximately 100% of their time in the field. This position will be responsible for a wide range of HSSE guidance and to personnel, site management, and contractors. Main Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide Safety advice, assistance and support to Roustabouts, Operators, Drivers, Supervisors, Project Managers, Superintendents, and Safety Staffs
- Support and coach key Operations and Support personnel in appropriate HSSE procedures and policies
- Promote a behavior-based approach to HSE and provide an atmosphere that reduces risk associated with all work activities. Participate in incident and serious near miss investigations and provide guidance to Operations when conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions
- Provide support to the HSSE Director to ensure that all the company’s accident and incident report forms are properly filled out and completed within 24 hours after incident
- Assist in JSA pre-job risk mitigation preparation for job tasks and verifies these are correctly and accurately completed every day
- Document and conduct safety training sessions and site inspections/audits daily & motnhly to ensure that Company employees are following safety policies and procedures
- Verify and document all identified hazards are corrected in a timely manner
- Evaluate the effectiveness of safety policies and procedures and provides routine feedback to management
Personnel preferred to meet one of the following criteria:
- Project experience in a construction safety role, safety committee team member and lead teams in JSA reviews and compliance.
- Construction safety project experience as a titled safety professional and completion of the OSHA 500 Training Course.
- OSHA 30 hour course completion.
- Incident Investigation training.
- Assurance Audit compliance, inspection and documentation.
- Positions are not eligible for per diem
- Candidate must life in reasonable living/commuting distance to Hermiston, Oregon
- Organization and planning
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Report writing
- Computer based systems and software competency
- HSE policies, procedures and management system experience
- Emergency response including 1st aid/CPR
- PPE assignment requirements
- HSE legislation and regulations implementation
- Inspection and auditing requirements
- Incident reporting and investigating requirements
- Incident Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to Train
- Ability to Present Reports
- The drive to produce quality work every time
- The ability to work 55-60 hours a week on a regular basis
- The ability to work Saturdays and occasionally on Sunday’s
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- The ability to be insured on the company’s insurance plan
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit. Position will require extended periods of computer work. Occasionally the employee will be required to walk for 2-4 hours at a time and may be required to stand for extended periods of time. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.